As someone who values a healthy and active lifestyle, I am always on the lookout for convenient and nutritious meal options. I recently came across Core Powerfoods, an Australian company specialising in creating high-protein frozen meals. Intrigued by their offerings, I decided to try some of their meals and see if they lived up to the hype.
In this review, I will share my experience with Core Powerfoods, including their products’ taste, quality, and nutritional value.
- Cost: 9/10 - Less than $7.00 per meal
- Choice: 7/10
- Quality: 5/10
- Taste: 5/10
- Organic: No
- Allergy Safe: No
Core Powerfoods offers a variety of meals that include meat-based and vegetarian options. The meals are made from high-quality ingredients and contain a balance of protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats. Each meal is packed with at least 30 grams of protein designed to help with muscle recovery and growth.
Some of the meals offered by Core Powerfoods include beef stroganoff, honey mustard chicken, Moroccan lamb, and vegetarian lasagna. In addition to their frozen meals, the company also offers protein bars, protein shakes, and other healthy snacks.
- Convenient and easy to prepare frozen meals for those with busy lifestyles
- High-protein content in each meal helps support muscle growth and recovery
- Offers a variety of meat-based and vegetarian meal options to cater to different dietary needs and preferences
- It uses high-quality ingredients to ensure the meals are nutritious and healthy
- Offers other healthy snacks like protein bars and shakes
- It can be more expensive than other frozen meal options on the market
- Limited availability in certain areas or countries
- Some customers may find the portion sizes to be too small or not filling enough
- Some people may not enjoy the taste of certain meals or find them too bland
Core Powerfoods offers a variety of menu options to cater to different dietary needs and preferences. Their meals are high in protein and designed to support an active lifestyle, and they offer meat-based and vegetarian options. Here are some of the menu options available:
- Meat-based meals: Core Powerfoods offers a range of meat-based meal options, including beef stroganoff, honey mustard chicken, Moroccan lamb, and more. These meals are packed with at least 30 grams of protein per serving and are designed to help with muscle recovery and growth.
- Vegetarian meals: For those following a vegetarian diet, Core Powerfoods offers several options, including vegetarian lasagna, vegetable curry, and lentil bolognese. These meals are also high in protein and contain a balance of carbohydrates and healthy fats.
- Gluten-free options: Core Powerfoods offers a range of gluten-free meal options, including gluten-free beef stroganoff, gluten-free honey mustard chicken, and gluten-free chicken curry.
- Snacks: In addition to their frozen meals, Core Powerfoods also offers a variety of healthy snacks, including protein bars, protein shakes, and other nutritious options.
Core Powerfoods offers a diverse menu with options for various dietary needs and preferences. The high-protein content and use of quality ingredients make their meals popular for those seeking a convenient and healthy meal option.
While Core Powerfoods are more expensive than a frozen pre-packaged meal from the grocery store, they are still very affordable and cheaper than their competitor My Muscle Chef. They offer pre-made bundles are reduced price, or you can customize your box to order the exact meals you are interested in.
Here is a table of their most popular packs:
|Core Powerfoods Pack||Cost||Cost per Serving|
|Ultimate Performance – 24 Meals||$165||$6.87|
|Loaded Legends – 24 Meals||$165||$6.87|
|Best Seller Performance – 12 Meals||$85||$7.08|
|Low Calorie Pack – 12 Meals||$85||$7.08|
All Core Powerfoods meals are pre-packaged, so there is no ability to customize each meal.
There are plenty of delicious meals within the Core Powerfoods range that are flavourful and made with quality ingredients. I particularly enjoyed the meat-based meals like beef stroganoff and honey mustard chicken and the vegetarian options like lentil bolognese and vegetable curry.
However, I would note that certain meals may be a bit bland or lack seasoning. Additionally, taste preferences are subjective and may vary from person to person.
Core Powerfoods is targeting the gym bros who are more interested in macros than flavour, but I personally do rate their taste lower than My Muscle Chef.
Microwave it and eat. Each meal usually comes with specific instructions on how to prepare it, including cooking time and temperature.
Core Powerfoods meals are typically delivered directly to the customer’s door using a third-party delivery service, such as Australia Post or Sendle. The company offers free delivery on orders over a certain amount, and customers can track their delivery status using the tracking number provided by the delivery service.
I was notified of their delivery via email and SMS, which included the tracking information and estimated delivery time. In some cases, the delivery service may also notify the customer when the delivery is on its way or has been delivered.
The meals are delivered in an insulated box with dry ice or gel packs to keep them frozen during transport. This helps ensure that the meals arrive in good condition at the customer’s door and can be stored safely in the freezer until they are ready to be consumed. The insulated box and dry ice or gel packs are also environmentally friendly and can be recycled.
After trying several meals from Core Powerfoods, I can confidently say that I was impressed with their offerings. The high protein content in each meal made them a great option for post-workout recovery or a quick and convenient meal option for busy days.
I appreciated the variety of menu options, including meat-based and vegetarian meals, and found that the meals were made with high-quality ingredients. The portion sizes were reasonable and satisfied me without feeling overly full.
Overall, I would recommend Core Powerfoods to anyone looking for a healthy and convenient meal option that supports an active lifestyle. However, I do prefer the serving size and taste of the My Muscle Chef alternative.